netsky virus ?

aramis 17:04 05 Mar 04

I just thought I would mention that my Norton av2003 just stopped w32 netsky.c@ mm. Norton said it deleted it automatically. hope so! Was this a virus attack?

curlylad 17:11 05 Mar 04

Absolutely it was a Virus attack , it's one of the new ones doing the rounds,glad to hear your AV picked it up and binned it,jolly good show old chap !

aramis 17:14 05 Mar 04

thank old bean!

clarendon5qx 17:29 05 Mar 04

I am being inundated with tthis virus. every day i receive about 5 or 6 e mails with the offending attachment. as far as i am aware i have not been infected. (AVG updated daily and norton stinger has been run.) recently i received an e mail from someone i have never contacted saying that an e mail i had (supposedly) sent them contained a virus.

Any ideas about what to do. do i just weather the storm tikk it burns out or is it time to change e mail?

john-232317 17:41 05 Mar 04

Its up to D now..

Check your clear with this link

click here

aramis 17:46 05 Mar 04

If some person has received an e-mail from you saying it carried a virus ,then it seems a bit ominous . Perhaps someone with expert advice could respond.

muddypaws 18:28 05 Mar 04

My preview pane is off, but as a matter of interest is there any danger in right clicking a message and going to ' properties'. Would this show up anything amiss??

john-232317 07:20 06 Mar 04

Read the desciption part of my link...;-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…