Netsky resurgence?

Jeffers22 18:31 15 Feb 05

The last week or so I seem to be getting a minimum of one or two emails a day with the Netsky virus in an attachment, which AVG duly cleans up.

Is anyone else seeing this, or is it just me?

bananaslik 18:39 15 Feb 05

Hi Jeffers22,i run AVG but i have not had the virus as yet but i do seem to be recieving alot of spam e-mails with a great deal of attatchments.

Jeffers22 19:06 15 Feb 05

If you look at them you may find a message from AVG saying it has removed Netsky from the attachment.

TonyV 19:18 15 Feb 05

I've been getting variations upon the theme of Netsky for about six months now. Fortunately my AV as well as my ISP stop them from invading my PC. I notice that the greater majority come in from France and click here in particular. I've set OE6 to block most of the addresses that come through like that, but there are the occasional aol and hotmail one that comes through as well.

Apart from the nuisance value of these things there seems little that can be done about them since it seems the senders are probably ficticious. There was one that came in from "[email protected]", which looked like the "Protector" turned "Provider!"

Gongoozler 20:56 15 Feb 05

I have recently had an upsurge of these things, but my AV (Avast) has caught them all. This virus tends to come in waves as the computer of someone who has your email address but isn't AV protected is attacked. When this wave is over you will probably have a lull until another unprotected computer gets caught. The only thing you can do to minimise this menace is to spread the word about how good free AV programs are, and to encourage all your friends acquaintances and family to install one.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…