Netsky Q removal tools not working..

anniecat 09:20 17 May 04

can anyone help please.

Netsky Q arrived in a zip file, which I did not open but it has got onto the drive. AVG found it and I deleted the file, ran AVG again and it was still there. Deleted temp int files and cookies and ran AVG again, still there. Downloaded and ran symantec removal tool, AVG still found it again. Downloaded and ran bitdefender removal tool, Yep.. still there !!!

This little blighter must be very well hidden for the removal tools not to find it, or is this because I have deleted files etc. AVG doesn't seem to be able to remove it to the vault either.

any help would be appreciated, Thank You

anniecat 09:29 17 May 04

C:\WINDOWS\Temporary Internet Files\CONTENT.IE5\R4QAK8DA\GAME.ZIP:\data.rtf.scr

the above is AVG details of file.

mezzanine 09:31 17 May 04
  anniecat 10:17 17 May 04

thanx for the info, I've emailed my brother with it as I am not at all sure of how to go about all that... He will know, it's whether he has the time to help that might be the problem, but I'll post later to update.

Thanks again

johnnyrocker 10:23 17 May 04

does he have xp or me and if so was system restore disabled first?

anniecat 11:57 17 May 04

thank you for your input folks but after prising my brother away from his work he has sorted it for me..

I use 98SE and I thought I had deleted the int files, which I had, in WINDOWS file relating to R4QAK8DA, but not in IE, after deleting all the IE temp files I have run AVG again and it's now clear. PHEW!!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…