Netsky

paulhicko 12:18 28 Mar 04

I ran AVG anti-virus to get rid of Netsky.D, which my wife and daughter managed to let through via an email purporting to be from a cousin...AVG claims infected files have been healed OK...but now I can't get IE up and System Restore won't work...IE window comes up but not my home page, then when I try to X out of it, error box comes up saying window is busy, if I shut it down I may affect the computer...so many people have recommended AVG, and I'm glad to be rid of the virus (and all emails) but I'd still like to get back on net...anybody got any ideas?

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 12:24 28 Mar 04

Did u turn system restore off before scanning? as there may still be some bits left try doing that then scanning again..Did AVG say what files were infected?

Regards.

VoG II 12:25 28 Mar 04

Try running click here

paulhicko 12:37 28 Mar 04

Thanks for that guys. There's quite a few affected...the most serious being WINLOGON.EXE and SYSTEM RESTORE...AVG has moved files they can't heal to a virus vault, where they won't affect the PC, but can't be used either...but it claims WINLOGON and SYSTEM RESTORE have been healed...problems with IE didn't start until AFTER I'd run AVG

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…