NETSCAPE - where has my mail gone !!

aph 17:45 13 Jan 05

O.S. WIN 98

Netscape 6.1
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Win98; en-GB; Mag0801) Gecko/20010726 Netscape6/6.1

This is the version of Netscape mail whereby you have to start Netscape (connects to 'home.netscape') and then click on the 'envelope' icon on the bottom left of the Netscape interface (taskbar?)

Netscape mail folders (left pane of GUI) look OK and show mail content amount (no of messages in the folder) but clicking on the folder does NOT show any folder content (right pane of GUI).Result is I cannot see the mail to open it.

There are no problems with the ISP or internet connection.

I want to try a mail folder compact but would like to back up the mail first. I have managed to find a a dialog box for the 'LOCAL' folder which appears to indicate that the mail folder is located at
C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\artbm4he.slt\Mail\Local Folders

but as the mail is important I do not want to take this step until I am sure I have a 'backup'.

I am hoping that I can just copy the folder structure
.....Mozilla\Profiles\default\artbm4he.slt\Mail\Local Folders
and then should anything dramatic go wrong then I can copy the folder back?

The other option I considered was to re-install Netscape but that means I would have to find the original CD !!! not much hope there.

aph 14:08 03 Feb 05

Strange but true.

Tried the import facility on a number of different mail clients. The only one that worked was Outlook Express. Importing into OE brought back all the emails and attachments
Job Done.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…