Netscape send options

roi 23:47 10 Feb 03

I know where to look in Outlook Express for send options to deselect the default which includes the original message with a reply, but cannot help a friend who tells me she is using Netscape and does not want to include the original message each time. Can anyone help me to help her?

roi 10:46 11 Feb 03

Just checkin'

Troop Leader 10:58 11 Feb 03

Click on EDIT then preferences, one of the options is compose, then choose not to include previous message in sent items. (or there abouts, I'm at work at the moment without access to my Netscape prog, if that does not work post back and I shall check at home later today - unless someone gets the full link in before)

All the best

TL

Troop Leader 10:59 11 Feb 03

Have just thought there is a help option (top right)that will direct her to the solution.

TL

roi 11:05 11 Feb 03

Thanx Troop Leader, I have passed the advice on to her.

Troop Leader 16:53 11 Feb 03

Am at home now so have been able to check fully.

She needs to click on:
Edit
Preferences
Under 'category' click on the triangle beside 'Mail & Newsgroups' to produce the drop down list.
Click on 'Composition'
Uncheck the box near the top for 'Automatically quote original message when replying'

That's it.

All the best (If she hasn't already she should update to v7.01 which is what I use and have provided the above from, I do not know if there is any difference in previous versions)

TL

roi 17:09 11 Feb 03

Thanks again TL. I have on-passed the inf, but as she is in a different time zone I haven't had a reply yet. I'll tick the 'resolved' box anyway, with our thanks.

R

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…