//some 3rd party need geo

Netscape and existing ISPs

His Nibs 02:10 26 Sep 03

Can anyone help me with a problem I'm having getting Netscape 6.2 to retrieve and send e-mails using my existing ISP? I use Virgin.net, but when I have tried to set up e-mail accounts in Netscape giving details of the Vigin account as part of the setting, I then go into the Web mail programme and click on my account inbox. It asks for a password, and I give the Virgin.net password. I am then told that the pass has been rejected. Another thing I've noticed, is that if I give the Virgin account as my e-mail address, Netscape adds a different ending to it. Sorry to embarrass those of more logical minds than myself. (I never took the risk of dismantling a car engine and rebuilding it before, because every time I hear the word "clearance setting" I froze! Some compassionate soul - give me an answer in non-technical language!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…