Netscape 7

Taw 20:23 26 Jul 03

I have recently installed the above on win xp home. I find it much better than ie. However on visiting some websites there is a message to install a " me thinks" sun java, on following all the prompts the download appears as successful but on going back to the site it still tells me I need a plug in. I have tried on several ocassions but without success

Ken Ju-On 20:28 26 Jul 03

Sorry I can't directly answer your question, but why not try Mozilla? It's built on Netscape with many bug fixes and improvements.

My favorite though, is Opera. It's undoubtedly the fastest browser I've ever used, its download manager is sweet, it's got many many features that IE doesn't have, and it beats the living daylights out of Internet Explorer anyday! I don't even mind the ad banner in the corner of the unregistered version.

Of course, some sites won't render properly without IE but this is in the minority.

Taw 20:29 26 Jul 03

thanks ken Ill give one of those ago

woodchip 21:38 26 Jul 03

Is Java showing in Explorer Program files, if so you can enable it go to preferences under edit in menu, look under Navigator/helper Applications put a tick in the little box for plugins. You could try dragging java to the box

Taw 12:11 27 Jul 03

thanks for that woodchip seems to have worked

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant