netscape......

herc182 20:54 04 Nov 04

does anyone use it? just downloaded it and it looks pretty good. pop up blocker and tabbed browsing like firefox (but limited to two tabs per window...)

iambeavis 21:22 04 Nov 04

I used it a long time ago but I moved on to Mozilla (the full version with the integrated mail client) and from there to Phoenix which, eventually, became Firefox. Netscape is a good browser it's just a little clunky in comparison to "The Fox". better than "IE", but that's not too difficult.

herc182 22:51 04 Nov 04

also it is a massive download (some 20mb) compared to firefox....i just downloaded avast as recommended by someone on one of my posts (sorry cant check name....). and it looks pretty good. might give firefox a run for its money.....ooops, how many people will i have offended with that statement.....

herc182 22:53 04 Nov 04

sorry that should read avant and not avast.....

iambeavis 22:54 04 Nov 04

Avant is a good browser. I've used it in the past, alongside firefox, but I still prefer "The Fox".

herc182 18:00 05 Nov 04

what makes you prefer firefox over avant? (curious)

iambeavis 18:15 05 Nov 04

Stupid as it may seem to others, I feel more comfortable with Firefox than with any other browser. It's not about security for me - I didn't know the first thing about security when I ditched I.E for Netscape ( two weeks after I got my first computer), I just didn't like I.E. and I still don't. I've removed I.E. with the add/remove windows components and, the next time I use nLite, I shall be removing I.E. completely. Not a very scientific answer, is it? But then,very few things in my life are logical.

herc182 18:24 05 Nov 04

i detest IE with a passion. without the tabbed browsing i have become used too, it is a nightmare....

iambeavis 18:29 05 Nov 04

Avant is what I.E could have been, with a bit more thought.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…