Netobjects Fusion 9/10 - Firefox display problem

Jammer71 17:28 10 Apr 08

Hi - I've been searching for sometime for an answer to this. It may be quite simple but I'm not expert on web design so it's been a pain of sorts. I designed a site using Netobjects 9 & 10. In IE the site layout displays fine but in Firefox everything is shifted down slightly. So what ends up happening is some graphics and text end up overlapping or being stuck behind other elements on the page. I'm not sure what is causing this problem when viewed with Firefox. I have a master border set for a dynamic page layout and then a layout region on that in which everything is assembled. The layout region is set to fixed page so that I can utilize the layering aspect when building pages. Anyone else experiencing this problem or have any suggestions? Thank you.

Jammer71 23:38 10 Apr 08

well wouldn't you know it! I found the answer myself just by accident of sorts. I can't believe after how many months of searching I end up figuring it out myself not long after posting here. Seems Firefox doesn't like a fixed page layout region. It shifts all the free standing text boxes down on the page which causes the overlapping effect. I discovered that if I take those text boxes and drop them into their own table everything displays perfectly in Firefox. So there it is!

mco 09:34 11 Apr 08

I can believe this! I quite often post a query here only to find the answer myself fairly quickly afterwards! One of those unexplained mysteries of life!

fishriver 20:23 09 May 09

Wow! I'm glad I've found this post because I have been searching myself for YEARS for an answer to this issue and here it is! Thanks. Only I'm not quite sure what you mean for a fix here. I am really not a web-developer either, which is why I use the Net Objects software. Could you take a look at the issue for example on the first page of click here and let me know in more detail how to fix one of those text boxes. I'm not sure what you mean 'to drop it into its own table'. How do I do this? Does the whole page need to be made into a 'region'? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Many thanks,
Mark Aman

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…