netguard vs avg

oseven 09:53 01 Dec 05

Searching the forum I see that most contributers don't think much of the free anti virus ,Netguard, offered to NTL customers and that they are switching to AVG.However they are not giving reasons for switching .I have found that my computer is ready to use about 30 seconds quicker with Netguard than with Norton which I used until it ran out about a week ago.This is obviously something in it's favour.But I have also had the computer restart of it's own accord after flashing up a full page blue screen with white writing which say's it has "encountered a problem" but I don't get a chance to read more than the fist few words then it's shutsdown.
Comments please.

oseven 11:48 01 Dec 05

My computer has crashed three times in the last hour,this is probably why others are not using Netguard. Cannot get any help from NTL.Have switched to AVG.

Skyver 12:16 01 Dec 05

To stop it rebooting so quickly go to Control Panel/System Properties/Advanced/Startup & Recovery , uncheck "Automatically Restart"
Haven't tried Netguard as I'm with Blueyonder but I tried out their equivalent PCGuard for a while - a bit of a jack of all trades - there was nothing actually wrong with it (though it didn't appear to offer anything over other free alternatives), until it `broke` and I had to resort to a repair of XP to allow me to log in and remove it.
Just my 2 cents :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…