Netgeear DG834GT Router install

hargranules 15:53 06 Oct 05

I have installed the above router before where I had router connected to pc and an adapter connected to laptop and they "talked" to each other.
I have been asked to install where only using one laptop on network and he wants it to work wireless from router.

Will the router work if not attached to any pcs and if so do I need to install differently. I have read through the manual I have downloaded and contacted netgear but cannot find an answer.

Forum Editor 16:08 06 Oct 05

without being physically connected to anything other than a power supply and phone line.

It will broadcast to any wireless-adapter-equipped computer within range, and your friend with the laptop will have no need ever to connect to the router after the initial setup routine.

A computer must be connected via a cable for that process of course, and the router will have come with the appropriate cable in the box. Once the setup configuration is finished you can remove the cable completely.

hargranules 17:18 06 Oct 05

Thanks thats great!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…