netgear wpn802 access point

silliw 20:21 12 Nov 05

I have a wireless network which gains acces to the internet via a netgear DG834GT modem/router. I have had no problems until I moved my laptop into the study which is right at the back of my house. The signal became very weak sometimes losing the signal completely. I have bought a netgear WPN802 Access point to improve the signal.
I have setup the IP for the router and given it a the gateway address of the router. I have also replicated the wep encryption and all appears to be well other than I cannot get access to the internet even though it reports a good to very good signal. If I turn the access point off the signal drops to very poor (from the router). I assume the good signal is between the laptop and the the access point and also assume that the router is not recognising the access point and therefore is not allowing traffic through.

Any suggestions would be very welcome as there are so few settings on the access point to get wrong.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…