Netgear WPN511 Installation Problems

Scouse2 22:52 01 Oct 06

I have bought a Netgear Router(WPN824) - seems to be set up OK, but I've only got it working with an Ethernet connection at the moment as I can't install the software/driver for the WPN511 wireless adaptor on my PC. On loading the Resource CD, I only get an option to de-install - even though it is not installed. Netgear have been less than useless in providing support, but the 5th person I talked to said I should do a System Restore, which I have tried with no success. My other option, apparently, is to delete all Registry Keys relating to Netgear, before I re-install the driver. Any suggestions?

Ashrich 00:08 02 Oct 06

Providing there is no Netgear entry in " add/remove programs ,try doing a search in files and folders for anything Netgear first and delete those , then remove registry keys ( CAREFULLY ! ) then go to the Netgear website for the latest drivers , plug in the WPN511 and let Windows find it and then just install the drivers and let Windows Wireless Zero do the rest , assuming you're using XP , that is ....

Ashley

terryf 08:00 02 Oct 06

there is a netgear forum

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant