Netgear WPN111 Wireless adapter causing problems

monkeyboy21 14:33 11 Mar 07

I have the Netgear DG834 wireless router, which was supplied with the WPN111 adapter. No problems with the router, but lots of trouble with the adapter.
First problem was the adapter not working, and the cd software not opening. Following another thread i now let windows manage the adapter, however the pc freezes now and again, and when i reboot the pc, there is no sign of the adapter unless i disconnect then reconnect it.
Are there updated drivers out there ('ve tried their site) or is there another way to solve this problem?

Ashrich 21:12 12 Mar 07

Have a google around for the WPN111 , you're not alone by any stretch of the imagination , heat is one problem , crappy drivers is another ....try uninstalling the Netgear stuff completely and see if Windows will find just the drivers , nothing else , of see if there is a generic driver , AR5005gs , I think , this might help .

Ashley

monkeyboy21 21:57 12 Mar 07

Cheers for that, think i may have to just live with it or buy a new one! I'm using windows to run it rather than the drinks coaster that came with it!

Huggytrees 22:44 12 Mar 07

im having loads of problems with my netgear adaptor my PC wont even let it connect through any of the usb ports and same thing with the software, it wont work. and to add insult to injury windows start up gets to the black windows screen and then decide's to re-start allover again and stays in this loop until you pull the plug out of the wall!!!!!

Chin up

Andy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

New iOS 11 release date rumours UK | new features coming to Siri, FaceTime, Messages and Video