Netgear WNDR3700 Connection problems

firerescue999 12:11 PM 19 Oct 10

I have recently received my new WNDR3700 router and I can’t get it to connect. My ISP is Virgin Media. I have tried connecting via a D-Link modem and have no success. I have also tried using my old Netgear DG834PN in Modem only mode and I still can't get it to work.

Does any one have any ideas please?

mgmcc 20:15 PM 19 Oct 10

I'm confused as to what you're connecting to - Virgin Cable or Virgin ADSL.

The WNDR3700 is suitable for their "Cable" service, while the DG834 range are for "ADSL" via the phone line.

If you are connecting the WNDR3700 to their Cable service, its just a matter of connecting its WAN port by ethernet cable to the provided Cable Modem or Set-Top Box. However, you should power off the Cable Modem for a few minutes so that it releases the IP address allocated to the existing connection (recognised by its MAC address). It will then recognise a new connection and allocate a different IP address to it, when you should get online.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Vaio Z Canvas release date, price and specs: Another Surface Pro rival but for the US

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Adobe unveils Sketch-rival Project Comet for UX design

How to fix iOS 9 problem iPhone stuck screen, unresponsive, no swipe, frozen, can't turn off