Netgear wireless USB adapter WG111v3

juedoc 09 Oct 11

HiI am trying to connect another PC to my Netgear router using the about adapter, I have installed the software and it connects to the internet with an excellent signal. After about 10 minutes the internet cuts off and I have to restart the PC to be able to reconnect to the internet. Any ideas please???

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 09 Oct 11

Look in device manager for the adaptor - select properties - power saving tab - untick Allow the computer to switch off this device.

juedoc 09 Oct 11

I have gone onto properties for the adapter but there isnt a power saving tab.

northumbria61 09 Oct 11

In Properties you should have a box with 5 TABS - General, Advanced, Driver Details, Resources, Power Management.

northumbria61 09 Oct 11

You need to click on the "triangle" at the side of Network Adapters to expand then right click on your adapter (ie.Netgear) then you will have the box as described above.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

Encore creates eerie effects for Spielberg's new TV show The Whispers

Apple Music preview: Why Spotify should be scared of Apple's impressive new music-streaming service

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message