Netgear wireless router model is DGB111G

julietodd154 22:00 10 Apr 06

I bought this wireless router yesterday and I have no problem whatsoever using the laptop and the desktop pc at the same time ,the problem i have is only been able to view a couple of web pages ,cannot access the usual ones i use or even msn messenger ,i think i need to configure my settings to go with the router but not sure how to do this
after trying all sorts tonight it seems to be only the secure sites i am not able to access can anyone suggest how i can get into these please

mgmcc 22:46 10 Apr 06

The inability to access secure web sites is often due to an incorrect MTU (Maximum Transmission Unit) setting. The default is 1500, but if your router has an option to set the MTU value, try setting it to 1450 and see if that lets you access secure sites.

julietodd154 22:49 10 Apr 06

thank you i will try that i did actually set it to 1400 but no change

julietodd154 13:11 11 Apr 06

well here i am again getting more frustrating as time goes on ,tried to change that setting to 1450 and still same problem .just cannot access any site that brings up the little yellow lock in the bottom right hand corner

ade.h 16:56 11 Apr 06

Your previous thread has already dropped well down in My Postings, so I haven't been able to find it in a brief search, and I can't remember what firewalls you are using. Was it the Windows ICF or a 3rd-party equivalent?

ade.h 16:58 11 Apr 06

Oh, and what browser are you trying to use? IE? (When there's a definite pattern - as you have here - it's always worth checking browser settings. In IE, try setting the slider to low for a while).

mgmcc 18:10 11 Apr 06

Enabling Port forwarding in the router on Port 443 might be worth a try, but I'm into unknown territory here ;-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…