Netgear wireless problem

Woodie29 20:10 25 Oct 06

Help please this is driving me nuts...

I have a netgear DG834 firewall modem that is connected by ethernet to my main home pc, I have recently connected to this router a netgear wireless router WGR614 plugged into a port on the DG834 and my laptop is wirelessly connected to this and I can see the internet etc on the laptop and on the pc, however i am unable to see the pc from the laptop and vice versa.

I have disabled the windows firewall on both machines and have enabled file and printer sharing.

I am really stuck - can anyone help me please?

mgmcc 00:03 26 Oct 06

Try plugging your main PC into one of the new router's LAN ports so that both PCs are connected directly to the *SAME* router.

At the moment, as there are two routers, they are probably in different subnets (IP address ranges). I assume that you have connected the new router's WAN port to one of the DG834's LAN ports?

silliw 19:15 28 Oct 06

The DG834 is a wireless firewall modem and router so there is no need to use the WGR614 wireless router. I think as mgmcc says your issue is because you have both routers active in different IP ranges. If you use just the DG834 and then use the windows network setup wizard to setup file and printer sharing from both machines you will solve your problem.

mgmcc 20:42 28 Oct 06

As I understand it, the purpose of using the second router is to implement *WIRELESS* capability.

The original router is a non-wireless DG834, *not* the wireless DG834G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…