Netgear Wireless Networking

Jim Sadler 16:58 26 May 03

I recently purchased a Netgear MA401 USB wireless adaptor for my desktop PC (Windows XP Home) to communicate with my notebook (Windows Me) which has a Netgear MA401 wireless PCMCIA card. Despite the SSID and workgroup names being the same for each computer I find, despite the connection signal strength being excellent, that I cannot exchange anmy files through My Network Places in Windows Explorer.
Netgear's setup literature is next to useless.
Any advice, please.
Jim Sadler

cfaice 17:22 26 May 03

I had the same problem with a couple of dabs value USB adapters.

I sent them back last week claiming they were faulty, but i think it was a communication problem between XP and ME.

So in about 10 days i will have some copies of Win XP Pro heading my way direct from MS, so hopefully i can upgrade my ME PC and buy a wireless Netgear Network.

I will report back here when i have upgraded the computer and installed the network to let you know if and what poblems i may have.

Jim Sadler 16:51 27 May 03

Many thanks for your response.
I think my problem lies with XP as the setup wizard wouldn't complete, although the properties of the Netgear USB Adaptor seemed OK.
Come to think of it, most of my problems stem from the day I installed a new copy of XP Home on my desktop.
You have my sympathies if you intend to install XP on both of your machines as I think it is the biggest crock of s--t Microsoft has ever turned out.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…