Netgear Wireless Modem (DG834G) & MSN Messenger

Mr Confused 12:24 09 Dec 04

I have recently purchased a Netgear Wireless Modem which connects the main computer (located in my Office) and one other computer (connected wirelessly - located in my bedroom).

I'm am using AOL which I have managed to get working on both computers. However, I appear to have problems connecting to MSN Messenger on the wireless computer. I presume that it has something to do with the firewall included on the modem, but I don't really understand the settings.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

JaßîsFaß ˜ 12:31 09 Dec 04

I don't believe it should be related to the firewall. I have same router, same AOL, and MSN works fine. But I did not set up MSN messenger until after router installed. Can you try setting up your MSN again?

JaßîsFaß ˜ 20:13 19 Dec 04

How is Messenger now?

pharte 22:36 19 Dec 04

I have the same setup and learned from my early mistakes, my solution was to adjust the mtu to (1400 i think) in the setup on the webpage for netgear.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…