Netgear Wireless-G Modem Router Problem

alfredgerald 18 Jul 13

I am using a Netgear Wireless-G Modem Router with Windows XP. Until recently all worked well. Now it has started to disconnect from the Internet if it is left idle for about 10 mins. Reboot it and it works fine. Any thoughts?

Woolwell 18 Jul 13

I guess that if it is G modem/router that it is fairly elderly. It may be that is coming to the end of its life. How is it connected to the pc?

alfredgerald 20 Jul 13

Via a cable. I didnt realise that they had a finite life span.

Secret-Squirrel 20 Jul 13

".....started to disconnect from the Internet if it is left idle for about 10 mins"

When the router disconnects next time, instead of rebooting, try to access a webpage and let me know whether it reconnects automatically. You may need to wait a minute or so for this to happen. If it does reconnect like that, post back the model number of your Netgear and I'll tell you which router setting to check.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

Encore creates eerie effects for Spielberg's new TV show The Whispers

How to set up Apple Music & make sure you don't get charged: Get Apple Music for free

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message