netgear WGR614 Router problem

silliw 09:18 14 Feb 04

I have a small network of 5 machines and decided to use the Netgear wireless Router to form a structured network.
I followed the instructions to configure the router via my XP pro machine and was able to log on to the router but have been unable to setup my Blueyonder connection through the router and consequently after a number of hours have had to revert back to my modem being connected directly to this host machine.
Annoyingly, setup seems quite simple but at 2.00am this morning I was ready to throw the router out the window. I have ensured that DHCP is used and I have the MC address of both my machine and the router registered with Bluueyonder but neither setting seems to work.
Has anyone else had problems with this router and how did you overcome them.

many thanks

SafeHaven 10:42 14 Feb 04

Sounds like you had a long night!!!

Has the router got a built in fire wall?
Have you disabled xp firewall on all pc's?
try all the above and see if it works if it does then you can reconfig the firewalls on each pc.

this is a good site to visit click here

silliw 21:54 22 Feb 04

This will make me look dumb but the web type browser was at fault in not reporting a successful connection. I tried IE and all was fine. Just goes to show dont trust the installation application all the time.

many thanks folks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…