Netgear WGR614 no connection

nyleridedog 20:56 01 Dec 07

Hi guys and gals

just bought a netgear router model no WGR614

and got a free wg111 usb adapter

i know the adapter works because its connecting to my linksys router fine.

the netgear router is switched on and the wireless light is not flashing or on.

i have the netgear router plugged into my network card to try and log on to the interface but im getting a 169 ip address

and ideas would be greatfully accepted

thanks

nyler

ambra4 09:00 02 Dec 07

Check these sites

click here

nyleridedog 13:36 02 Dec 07

thanks ambra

The router is going back today!

cheers

Ashrich 14:34 02 Dec 07

Turn wireless on from the web interface , as far as I remember , it is switched off by default .

Ashley

nyleridedog 14:38 02 Dec 07

Thanks ashrich... the setup for the router assumes the wifi is switched on! you cant expect non techie peeps to log in to a web interface and change settings! the setup will setup it all up for you. when i tried to log into the web interface which i have done thousands of times on all makes of router i am just getting a 169 ip so cannot login to the interface!

its gone back today! i will try the next one and let yers know what happened

cheers

GEEKSTA 15:31 02 Dec 07

Ive been using my WGR614 for the last 2 years, you should of got a newer model :P :D

Ive had mine sent back to them and replaced beacuse of a fault,
but the one they sent me back was certainly not mine and looked like it was used and was tatty looking.

Make sure this doesnt happen to you as the lifetime of the product has decreased, and has a higher probablitity of being faulty again, if the product is used.

Ask them, that are they going to actually fix, or will they just send you a brand new one, or a re-furbished one?

Regards..

nyleridedog 15:36 02 Dec 07

Thanks geeksta

Motherinlaw bought the product from pc world uk yesterday. Its gone straight back to them today.

Dont know wether they will but she is gonna ask them to test the new one before she leaves the shop!

cheers

GEEKSTA 16:41 04 Dec 07

Ohh right.
I had mine sent back to netgear themselves.

But im sure pc world will give you a new one if your current one doesnt work.

Regards..

nyleridedog 17:41 04 Dec 07

hi geeksta

Yes she recived a new one from them! truth is i dont know wether to open it or take it back in its wrapper and get a linksys or other router!

i have a linksys wrt54g and its never let me down and is easy to work with!

cheers

GEEKSTA 19:08 07 Dec 07

Well, I have had my Netgear WGR614 for about 3 years which seems quite old but is reasonable.
It did have a fault and is now fixed, and can also be very tempromental and unstable at times, but im managing. Im hopefully going to buy another model in the near future though. :D

Regards..

nyleridedog 13:48 08 Dec 07

well got another Netgear WGR614 and its installed and have no problems to report after 2-3 days of use! so fingers crossed!

thanks for the chat and help

cheers

nyler

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…