Netgear WG311 Wireless PCI card

Budgie100 21:40 19 Jul 04

I have a netgear wireless network, with 1 access point/router, one desktop PC and 2 laptops. I never have any probs with the laptops (so the AP and router must be OK) but I constantly keep loosing the sifgnal between the AP and the PCI card in the desktop PC... when its working, the signal streangth is showing as good or very good, then suddenly "no network connection available"... sometimes it comes back, but often it requires a reboot... Ive changed the PCI card, installed the latest drivers, changed the PCI slot etc... and its still the same... any ideas?

byfordr 23:31 19 Jul 04

Have you got the latest firmware?

click here#

click here

2 similar but different versions beware!

Budgie100 13:54 20 Jul 04

Thanks Byfordr ... yes I have the V2 card, and the latest firmware... any other suggestions gratefully accepted!

Budgie100 10:06 31 Jul 04

I've noticed that the problem seeme to be worse when I first boot the PC... I loose the connection quite frequently... If however I restart the PC, it seems more reliable!!
I have no idea why.. could it be something to do with the order the drivers are loaded in, and when I reboot the order changes... grasping at straws here, but cant think of anything else... can you?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…