Netgear WG311 network card killed my computer

Belger 08:31 19 Feb 04

After loading the software I installed the WG311 card. Switch on - beeped and wouldn't boot. Removed the card. Computer absolutely dead. No activity at all. Checked the fuse in the plug! No effect.
Have just set up a netgear DG834G ADSL firewall router with a laptop. Works really well.
Any ideas of what to do appreciated. Otherwise my PIII 450MHz computer with windows XP goes in the bin.

Lozzy 08:56 19 Feb 04

Sounds to me that when you installed the card you may have accidentally loosened some power cables inside the PC or you didn't earth yourself. When you power up the PC is there any activity and can you get into the BIOS..

If the answer is no to all then a power cable is loose. If you can get into the BIOS but nothing else do you get any error msg's??

Belger 09:14 19 Feb 04

Got power back - yes a loose connection! I did earth myself when fitting the card.
Unfortunately still not booting. Just 3 beeps, lights on drives come on.

BlueMeanie 15:34 21 Feb 04

Try removing all cards and then reseating them. Also check the IDE cables to the hard drives and CD Roms etc.

The beeps are trying to tell you something?

If you know the manufacturer of the motherboard, look inside the case again, go to their site and look for error beeps.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…