netgear wg111t problem

amunre 20:22 25 Feb 06

i am using a netgear wg111t wireless adapter in my laptop , my server is wanadoo , when i try to download th software for the wireless connection i get an error 509 message saying can not detect the adapter, can anyone help, the wireless adapter as been loaded correctly.............cheers julia

ade.h 22:50 25 Feb 06

You don't need any software to run a USB adapter (I assume that this IS a USB adapter that we're talking about?) in 95% of cases if running Win XP.

Are you running XP?

If so, remove any and all Netgear software that may be already installed, uninstall the adapter from Device Manager, then reboot.

Plug it in, let XP start to install it via the New Hardware Wizard and grab the driver from the CD when asked for it.

amunre 17:38 26 Feb 06

ok thanks i will try that, hopefuly it will work, im losing patience with it now. i will let you know how i go on....

ade.h 18:03 26 Feb 06

To be safe, run a cleanup after the uninstall procedure. If you don't already routinely use a reliable cleanup utility, click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…