Netgear router wpn824 and aol

kelso1 01:43 10 Oct 06

HELP !!!!!

Iam finding it ipmossible to connect the router to this pc. Not only was i completely shocked to hear that no one in pc world has ever heard of aol being supplied by ntl, I was even more dumbfounded to find out that they initially sold me the wrong one! After countless hours of sitting hear trying to connect them I have still not got any closer! Everytime I try to connect them a message keeps coming up saying that the network adapter in this computer is not responding. Can anyone help at all before I am forced to throw my pc and the router out of the window!

Danoh 08:43 10 Oct 06

you need to tell us more about what you have done so far, in trying to set the router up.
Also how many pcs, how they are connected, what operating systems do they have, etc.

Strawballs 09:58 10 Oct 06

Am I right in assuming that the AOL through NTL is over their phone lines and not set top boxes or cable modem as is their internet, if so then you should have a modem/router.

kelso1 23:48 10 Oct 06

It will only run the cd rom, then when it goes to detect the connection it keeps saying the network adapter is not responding. The aol broadband comes through a cable

kelso1 23:50 10 Oct 06

Trying to connect to the house pc so the laptop can connect to the internet. Both run on windows xp

Danoh 00:27 11 Oct 06

You must have bought an AOL wireless package from PC World? Why don't you give the free AOL support line a call? They will be able to talk you through your issues more effectively then us trying to guess from a couple of lines you've typed here?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…