Netgear Router Instal

Wanderfly 19:31 29 Aug 07

Hi all,
I'm trying to install my old Netgear DG834G v2 router onto a friends PC. I've lost the install disk so have downloaded the latest version of firmware/driver from the Netgear support page. When unzipped though it's just an .img file.
Is the latest firmware all that I need to run the router? And how do I run it if it's an img file?
Any advice please?
Thanks. Alex

mrwoowoo 19:42 29 Aug 07

IMG files, which were used by Mac OS 9 and earlier versions of the Mac OS, were replaced by the newer .DMG disk image format in Mac OS X.
so unless you have a mac i would advise downloading an xp compliant driver or firmware for it.

woodchip 19:44 29 Aug 07

You do not need a disc, You connect the Router with Ethernet Cable start internet explorer, then type in the address bar the router address mine is for a 3Com but may work it's 192.168.1.1 pess enter then if a page pops up with asking for password try admin in lower case. then fill in details for your ISP. Save setting then reboot computer

advancetech 20:09 29 Aug 07

Woodchip is nearly right except the address for the netgear set up page is 192.168.0.1 The default login name is admin and the password is password !!. If this doesnt get you onto the set up pages you will need to find a small reset button on the back of the router and press in for about 10 seconds. Then retry the above. Once into the setup pages you should have an option of using the set up wizard which will also give you additional security. Alternatively, under basic settings just put in your i.s.p user name and password, then apply to save your settings and test to test the connection. Have fun !!!

Wanderfly 20:48 29 Aug 07

Awesome, thanks guys! Not sure why a normal search through the Netgear site would have lead me toward the Mac result, it's certainly not obvious!! Thanks again!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5