netgear router

niceguy_uk 10:07 07 Apr 07

Hi,
Netgear wireless router DG834G, whats the difference between v2 and v3? I have been using v2 router on my AOL wireless connection at upto 2Mbps without much problems. I have upgaded to AOL Platinum which has upto 8Mbps speed and AOL have sent me a v3 router. Should i continue using the same v2 router or do you suggest i should try connecting the new v3 router.

Will it make any difference?

Thank you

GANDALF <|:-)> 10:19 07 Apr 07

The V3 complies with the European RoHS directive for disposing electrical components. Apart from that, no difference.

G

niceguy_uk 11:11 07 Apr 07

Thank you

spuds 12:06 07 Apr 07

Out of curiosity, is the DG834 a really good product. eBay seem to have a daily offering of this particular model, which could perhaps suggest something is not quite right?.

GANDALF <|:-)> 12:21 07 Apr 07

I have installed many of them with no problems.

G

Meshuga 12:52 07 Apr 07

spuds, I use the DG834 and have not had any problems with it in over 4 years.

Kate B 13:14 07 Apr 07

It's excellent. I've got one and it's never let me down - I've had it for at least four years.

spuds 13:51 07 Apr 07

Thanks for answering my question. Just downloaded some information about the DG834G click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…