Netgear or Belkin N/N1 Wireless with AOL??

ajm 10:55 30 Nov 07

In brief, AOL connection , 2 machines , big house with thick walls. Am thinking of getting the Belkin N1 Wireless Modem Router F5D8631uk4A or Netgear RANGEMAX™ NEXT WIRELESS N ADSL 2+ MODEM ROUTER - DG834N with the appropriate N/N1 wireless PCI card or USB Modems.

Which is the best one to go for in terms of support/setup with AOL?

ajm 13:58 03 Dec 07

bump. any suggestions?

Kemistri 14:46 03 Dec 07

click here This bumped the Belkin N1 off the top spot recently. I have no experience of it, though.

rouflab 09:25 20 Dec 07

DO NOT BUY NETGEAR PRODUCTS I have had three Netgear Routers two 834gt models, the first one went belly up in 3 months and I was charge $$$$$$$$ to have a replacement sent under warranty NOT ON. then after a year it went down OUT of WARRANTY I had to buy another one and guess what it went down JUST out of warranty. then i decided to buy the DG834N in Sept 2007 and after 3 months guess it what WENT DOWN, now having this replaced under warranty and they tried to charge me $$$$$$$$$$$$ for replacement I said no so now a replacement being sent in approx 7 days. it appears these do not last more than 13 months at the most, thus causing a new purchase, i feel i have been ripped off by Netgear as their products do not last. DO NOT BUY NETGEAR WIRELESS ROUTERS BUY ANOTHER MAKE UNLESS YOU WISH TO BE PURCHASING REPACEMENTS EVERY 13 MONTHS

SURVEY 13:29 20 Dec 07

rouflab - I too have had a bad experience of Netgear routers. The 90 day free help is a joke as one has to email them and hope that they phone you back in 24 hours; they don't. Thus one has to phone them at a national rate number and their staff know very little indeed about their products having to constantly 'escalate' the query to another operative who has the same lack of knowledge! Also the accents are very difficult to comprehend! Also the product I had was faulty!! Possibly I have been unlucky but this is my experience.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…