Netgear Network Adapter

Malapoa1 19:32 14 Jun 08

A friend of mine has lost contact with her Wifi connection, having a message "Plug in Network adapter" appearing on her PC. She has a Netgear USB Network Adapter. I tried unplugging it and then plugging it back in without effect. I then noticed that the Netgear Adapter tell tale light was not working so I tried re-installing the Adapter from its CD. The CD having, uninstalled the [programme and accepted the instruction to re-install it then ran for about ten minures before stopping, without having produced and prompts or other indication of progress.
Would I be correct in thinking that the next move is to buy a replacement adapter?

Strawballs 01:02 15 Jun 08

Sounds like it click here

L8-tian 16:27 17 Jun 08

Hi,
Try to downlaod the drivers for the USB from the website instead using the CD, which might have old driver.

step 2: try to plugg in the usb adapter in different computer and check whether able to install the driver or not.if you able to install the driver in different computer, then there is a problem with a computer(first computer). else adapter is faulty.

Thank you,

hpoe this helps you. :-)

Malapoa1 16:52 17 Jun 08

Thanks to you both. It has turned out that the adapter has failed and is being replaced.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…