Netgear N300 WNR2200

Hank2006 10:14 AM 14 Jan 12

Can the Netgear WNR2200 router be used with a non cable (i.e. ISP Post office/BT) modem?

northumbria61 10:53 AM 14 Jan 12

While you are waiting for an answer on here - You can contact via this LINK enter link description here Click on Support and type in your query.

Hank2006 11:05 AM 14 Jan 12

Thanks Northumbria,but I have already tried Netgear - which must be an Asian call centre!! Got no advice of any use - must be the language barrier. I don't think they understood the question & were more interested in serial numbers and I had to repeat & spell out every word. As to my email to Netgear i have had no response.

aquatarkus 14:46 PM 14 Jan 12

Hi I use one of these routers,(only got it as it was on special at Pissyworld for £29.99) I use it with Virgin Cable but yes you can use it with an BT / modem as long as your BT modem is connected to your pC via a network cable and not via a USB cable. hopefully the BT modem has an RJ45 network port on it's rear if it does then just disconnect the network cable that is connected to your PC and plug it into the WAN port on the Netgear, then plug the supplied network cable into port 1 on the netgear and into the network card on the pc, stick the CD in your drive and follow the on screen prompts. You should be up and running in about 15 minutes max.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Vaio Z Canvas release date, price and specs: Another Surface Pro rival but for the US

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Steve Albini's notorious email is now a punchy music video

Live Photo tips: How to take Live Photos on the iPhone 6s, how to view, share, edit and find Live…