connect again using all the same settings and it would continue to work
this happened quite a few times over the last 2 or 3 weeks
so i put it in different USB ports..

but now it just doesnt connect
it has signal, i enter the correct WEP key
but it can never aquire an IP address
why is this?

Ashrich 22:40 23 May 07

Two questions ...are you using XP ( and service packs ) and are you using the Netgear software or Windows to manage the connection ?

Ashley

Forza 09:11 24 May 07

Im using XP and i was using the Netgear software. Since i posted this message i then got a blue screen error saying that something wasnt installed properly which ive never had before so i thought i'd go to the Netgear site and download the drivers and reinstall them. It's worked fine since so hopefully that may be it?

Strange really cos ive been using the adapter for a year and its been fine. If it remains ok i'll post back and close the thread.

Thanks for the reply.

Ashrich 22:56 24 May 07

Glad that you seem to have it sorted , there is a version 2.5 beta driver for XP , don't know if it ever came out of beta ! Also just have a look at the power saving options of the USB ports in Device manager , untick the box for " Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power " ( under USB root hub )

Ashley

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…