Netgear/ How to unblock firewalls

Real PC Virgin 10:44 02 Nov 06

Please help I am an absolute virgin when it comes to computers and all that makes them tick. My husband has just left me and as a parting gift has blocked sites using the Netgear router (I think) How do I unblock them again. All advice very welcome.

Hope this makes sense!!!!

SB23 11:56 02 Nov 06

Which model router is it?
Have a look underneath for any labels.

donki 12:02 02 Nov 06

Find ur router/ modem on the list and robert is your fathers brother, just follow the steps.

click here

Real PC Virgin 12:54 02 Nov 06

I know I may sound thick but im not even sure where the router is now, but as I am online it must be somwhere this is what shows up when I try to go on certain sites: Web Site Blocked By NETGEAR Firewall

Real PC Virgin 12:59 02 Nov 06

ps I am almost sure it is a Netgear wireless router, but as bizzare as it seems I think he must have hidden it, I will try and find it while I await any replies!!!
I did say I was A PC Virgin

brundle 13:01 02 Nov 06

trace the cable to the router - if it is ADSL you can follow the `phone cable from the first phone socket, if it is cable it will have its own box, usually sited next to the phone outlet (but not always)

brundle 13:02 02 Nov 06

I mean `cable internet`, not just `cable` in the generic sense

Real PC Virgin 13:07 02 Nov 06

Thanks Brundle
I found the router on the bottom it says: Netgear 54mbps wireless ADSL firewall router DG834G v2

brundle 13:14 02 Nov 06

here for the relevant page on the netgear site ; click here

type 192.168.0.1 in the address bar of your browser
you should see a password box
* The router username is always admin
* The default password is password or (for older routers) 1234

Try the default username and password before resetting the router to the factory defaults.

netgear password and router reset help
click here

Real PC Virgin 16:06 02 Nov 06

Thank you so much Brundle, I am so grateful for your help, I did as you said and It worked, you don't realise how pleased I am to have sorted that. I am sure I will have many more problems with my computers but at least now I know where to come. You made my day lol

SB23 18:43 02 Nov 06

Sorry for asking you to check what router you had, then nothing else from me, had to attend to some stuff.
Glad you're sorted though.

Steve

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac