Netgear DG834GT Wireless Router Setup Probs

kompact 18:28 18 May 06

I've just bought a Netgear DG834GT Wireless ADSL Firewall Router and was all ready to set it up when I see in the installation instructions, it states to locate the ADSL configuration information from your ISP, my question is simple - what and where is this information? Can I find it on my PC or do I have to go to my ISP?
I'm with Wanadoo and will email them as well but I was wanting to give this a go tonight
Thanks in advance for any help you can give
PS any tips/pitfalls to avoid on seting this up would be appreciated

€dstowe 18:46 18 May 06

I have recently set one of these up. The information required is your ISP setup name (i.e. the name with which you connect to your broadband service and which is similar but not necessarily the same as your email name) and your ISP password.

€dstowe 18:48 18 May 06

Should have said in addition, if you have previously had a broadband connection on that machine, don't use the automatic installation but go for the manual method.

It is very easy to set up. You should be up and going in less than 20 minutes.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Studio vs iMac 5K comparison review: Apple and Microsoft all-in-one PCs battle it out

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Social media image sizes, specs and aspect ratios: the ultimate guide

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…