Netgear DG834GT Advice.

Hiall 20:20 26 Oct 08

Hi,
Any advice for a old un.
The only Modem I have ever had is the BT voyager 105 which I got when I joined AOL.
I have just treated myself to a Netgear DG834GT 108Mbps Wireless ADSL Modem Firewall Router.
Which will be arriving soon.
Are they easy to set up ?
I have heard they can be a problem with AOL.
Is there any advantage running wise, by wireless or wired ?
And once installed do I get rid of anything to do with the BT 105 VOYAGER,DRIVERS ETC,on my PC.

woodchip 20:28 26 Oct 08

It should tell you on the CD in a Read Me file on CD how to setup. You should not need to load drivers. You use IE to get into Setup page of the router. Read Me file will tell you the Address to put into Address Bar in IE

To First Setup use the Lan Cable supplied

woodchip 20:29 26 Oct 08

Get it to connect befor you start with Wireless, Also in Setup Page set wireless to WPA and create a password when asked you also have to create a SSID

howard64 12:36 27 Oct 08

when I got mine I followed the installation instructions and had it running in about 10 minutes. When you want to set up the wireless side you are offered the chance to use a usb key to set up the other pcs on your network. If you are getting this from aol it may well come with your details and password set into it. I was asked to set one up for a friend and that was preset and after connecting it up as per the diagram and running the cd it was all done automatically.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos