Netgear DG834G Wireles Router - Settings Problem

webber_man 16:26 28 Jan 06

My sister has just bought a DG834G wireles router and i have been trying to set it up for her but am having problems with the wireless settings.

The problem is that when in the control panel (that's accessed via 192.168.0.1) there are NO Wireless Settings! There is the basic and adsl settings but nothing for wireless.

I have set it up and the internet can be accessed ok, but we are trying to set it up so that a laptop can share the internet connection and files etc.

I have the same router and my control panel shows the wireless settings! What do we have to do to get this up so we can configure/set it?

Thanks.

seedie 17:02 28 Jan 06

I've got one of these. I think it's easier if you install the wireless cards in the various other computers and run the setup disk for the router last. It will detect the radio signals.

there is a very good PDF for this router from netgear and well worth downloading

Good luck

CD

webber_man 17:18 28 Jan 06

Thanks for your comments.

The wireless adapter in the laptop has been installed but can't see the PC at all. I have looked on the Netgear site and read the pdf file and also the files on the resource CD that came with the router.

Everything within the routers control panel is there and seems to be correct and, as mentioned, it connects to the internet fine.

Is there another setting that i have missed or not aware of that allows the wireless settings within the control panel to be visable?

seedie 17:29 28 Jan 06

perhaps your wireless adaptor is faulty.The wireless settings here are on the left hand side 3rd down in setup. is the laptop within reasonable distance from the router?

webber_man 17:41 28 Jan 06

Hi,

Yes, the laptop is right next to it. There is no Wireless Settings in the panel - just Basic Settings and ADSL Settings. I have the same router and my control panel shows the Wireless Settings. Maybe if there is a fault with the router and it has lost its 'wireless' capabilities then maybe that's why the settings do not show?

seedie 17:42 28 Jan 06

As you,ve got one of these yourself perhaps a little substitution might help?

webber_man 17:57 28 Jan 06

Yeah i will give that a go tomorrow. She lives a bit away and i don't have time tonight. Hopefully that will help shed some light.

Cheers for your help.

ashdav 19:34 28 Jan 06

If you're altering any wireless settings make sure you're connected by cable or you may lose connection to it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5