NETGEAR DG834G and W511T Connection Prob !!

sicknote 14:50 02 Mar 06

Hi
I have a Dell laptop with a intel wireless connection to a DG834G router which connects to AOL/internet OK and has done for many months.my problem is i have brought a W511T Pcmica card and installed it and it connects and sees the router at 54mbps OK,but it can/will not let me connect to the internet/AOL.
Is there something i have to change or adjust

sicknote 14:56 02 Mar 06

Sorry forgot say the laptop wireless only connects at its max speed 11mbps, thats reason for buying the W511T card

Michael_R 22:08 02 Mar 06

You may well have tried this already but if not its worth a look. click here
and here click here they show how to set up and troubleshoot your router.
Also are you using any security passwords? perhaps try without them on first. I have this router running V3.01.25 and under "wireless settings" there is a "setup access list" is the other card here with access? just a few things hopefully of some use.

sicknote 13:45 09 Mar 06

Thanks Michael_r for your response, solved the problem bye turning off firewalls and a reset of router (hardwired) and then installed the WG511T.
My only problem now is i can't get it to run at 108mbps,it is set to auto 108mbps in router 54mbps is it max.
The router is DG834GT with a WG511T

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…