netgear dg834g v3 and aol

im_stuck 11:14 18 Jul 07

Hi

ive got the netgear dg834g a few days ago and i still cant get on the internet with even though in the task bar at the bottom by the clock the aol symbol says connection available but it still doesnt connect me to aol.

Any help would be appreciated

brundle 19:14 18 Jul 07

Not very familiar with AOL's software, but you need to go into Connection settings (the same screen you see before you log in) and create a new one - or a new location, not sure how they refer to it. Have AOL detect any new hardware, if it doesn't detect the router select `always-on DSL connection` - you may or may not need to enter your screenname etc after that but it's not really needed, the router will maintain the connection in the background. You will need to put the correct info into the router settings, access them by loading Internet Explorer (not aol's browser) and use this link to access the configuration pages;
click here

default admin and password are

admin
password

Excellent info on the subject here; click here

brundle 19:15 18 Jul 07

In case AOL picks up that link if it set as your default browser, key

h-tp://192.168.0.1 into the address bar in Internet Explorer, replacing h-tp with http

GANDALF <|:-)> 21:20 18 Jul 07
  ajm 23:31 18 Jul 07

excellent links

im_stuck 19:11 20 Jul 07

Thanks for the links i have now got internet connection.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…