Netgear DG834G v2 Router/Modem

Yo Ho 06:57 11 Apr 05

I have a Netgear DG834G v2 router/modem. It is wireless, but I am using it connected directly by cables. My problem is, I am using webcams connected via , but the router won't let the connection through. Obviously I need to change a setting in my router page. I have read through all the help pages I can get, but find it all rather daunting, being pretty green at this sort of stuff. Can anyone explain in plain simple English what I need to do.
As a matter of interest, I am connected with a Thompson Speedtouch modem at the moment, and my link works fine with that. It's just that I can't connect to the internet with my other puters.
I am running XP Pro, with SP2.

Dave911 10:02 11 Apr 05

I fail to see why your router should be intefering with your web cam, unless you are using it through your router with a wireless link.

Think of your router as another computer which is attached to yours, if you are using your webcam through your own pc then the router will not affect it.

The only thing that I can suggest is that you have not configured your router correctly, I weuld suggest calling the Netgear help line - they work 24/7 and you will speak to a very helpful guy in India who has always been able to solve my problems!!

Yo Ho 14:01 11 Apr 05

Thanks Dave. The webcam is working ok, but I have a link to a site on the internet, and that seems to be where the problem lays. The router is blocking incoming/outgoing connection. Can link through with my ordinary ADSL modem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…