Netgear DG834G Connection Problems

Mr Confused 23:55 16 Dec 04

I purchased a Netgear Wireless ADSL Firewall Router DG834G last week, and up until now it has been workin fine.

However, today I tried to connect to the internet on my wireless computer only to be told in the Windows icon bar that there was no wireless connection. I subsequently tried to re-scan for all available wireless connections, but with no joy. I have also rebooted the router through the software and also pushed the reset button on the back of the unit and re-entered all the correct settings, but my wireless computer still says that it cannot find any wireless connections.

Please can anyone help?

powerless 23:58 16 Dec 04

Check the aerial in fully screwed in.

Mr Confused 00:02 17 Dec 04

Have checked this but still nothing - just says that no wireless networks are in range when I scan for such networks.

ajm 00:47 17 Dec 04

Power off the router by removing the power supply from the back of the router for 30 seconds. Connect power and see what happens.
Happened to one of a friend and it worked for him.

Also ensure that the SSID is checked as broadcasting. This is done through the netgear software configuration.

Also check that the wireless setting mode is set to b/g.

Let us know what happens

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…