Netgear DG824M wireless B/band Router

Jimma 19:17 19 Jul 03

Using with a Netgear MA101 USB Adapter.

Does anyone know why I keep losing my wireless conection?

PCs are both running XP.
PCs less than 5 mtrs apart (one on ground floor other in room above, wooden floor).
I have tried all sorts of configuations, no WEP, 64bit WEP, 128bit WEP, trusted MAC numbers.
Upgraded to the latest firmware.
Works ok for a few mins (sometimes hours), then all I get is 'Wireless Network Unavliable.'

fitshase 19:29 19 Jul 03

Have you tried phoning Netgear tech support? I had a problem with my wireless router (the print server on it stopped working).

One phone call to them and they talked me through a few options which all failed. They then said they would send me a new router to try. If it worked, I should send the old one back to them. The router arrived the next day and worked so I sent the old one back.

If you have a look in the consumer watch forum for Netgear you will see that they have excellent customer service.

Hope this helps.

Jimma 20:42 19 Jul 03

Would you adam and eve it?
Just checked the Netgear webite and they released firmware Ver 14 yesterday to fix my prob!!!
Must be the ultimate wireless network!!!!

Netgear rule!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…