Netgear DG632 Wired Router

SantasLittleHelper 17:08 18 Jun 06

Hi, I have the above router connected to my computer, which is running Windows XP, I enter into the address bar and setup the router from there. I use the easy setup and everything seems fine, it tells me I am connected but all I get when surfing the web is "Internet Explorer cannot display this webpage" on any website I try to go to. I have checked all the security settings and they are O.K. Does any one have any ideas please?

Forum Editor 17:20 18 Jun 06

in the system tray - bottom right hand corner of your screen?

Are all the lights on the router showing as connected?

SantasLittleHelper 17:22 18 Jun 06

ade.h 17:23 18 Jun 06

click here

Have you configured your client firewalls to allow internet access through the LAN (usually using an IP range)?

On a related note, do not forget to uninstall the software and/or drivers from the old modem, or at least choose "never dial a connection" on the Connections tab of Internet Options.

SantasLittleHelper 17:56 18 Jun 06

I just entered the login details in the easy setup and the router configured it. I have disabled the old modem and set connections in "Internet Options" to never dial a connection. I have also ticked automatically detect settings in the LAN secton of connections.

ade.h 18:09 18 Jun 06

Okay, but what about your client firewalls??

SantasLittleHelper 18:21 18 Jun 06

I don't know what these are, could you explain please?

SantasLittleHelper 21:02 18 Jun 06

Hi, if it is any help when I try to connect to a site it says in the left hand corner of the task bar "connecting to site". On my other modem it always names the site e.g. "Connecting to click here"

ade.h 21:34 18 Jun 06

I need to know whether you have configured each client's software firewall. It is usually called a client firewall when used in a networked environment in order to differentiate it from the host firewall - or hardware firewall - incorporated into the router. You will not be able to use the LAN connection until the firewalls have either (a) configured themselves automatically or (b) been configured by you. Most good firewalls require your input.

The IP refers to your LAN and indicates that either (a) the router's DHCP has as yet been unable to auto-assign an IP to each client's adapter or (b) that your firewall is preventing this from happening.

SantasLittleHelper 13:49 19 Jun 06

Hi, for reference, I have only one computer connected to the router, if this helps. I will connect back up to the router and, as you suggest, try to configure the firewall. Sorry for the delays in posting, but this thing called work keeps getting in the way. Please bear with me.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…