NetDC.exe - how do I get rid?

RoA 17:06 05 Jul 04

I have had a trojan attack and have managed to sort out some of the problems with the assistance of a number of PC helplines. According to HijackThis log my pc is now clear apart from NetDC.exe which reinstalls itself every time I boot up. Assuming this is what is causing my current problems can anyone advise how I might get rid of this thing?
Any help or advice gratefully received.

Djohn 01:58 06 Jul 04

If you are using Windows XP, you will need to turn off system restore before doing a virus scan otherwise it will hide in there and keep coming back.

Right click on your "My Computer" Icon, choose properties and you will see the system restore tab. Turn off from there and scan to remove, remember to turn on system restore again after you've cleaned your system of this virus and if you wish make a new manual restore point or wait until windows does an automatic one for you.

Try here for a free on-line scan of your PC. click here

hugh-265156 02:21 06 Jul 04

click here adaware spybot should also sort it click here click here

hugh-265156 02:26 06 Jul 04

ps. Djohn is correct in saying that for most antivirus tools, to remove trojans and viruses system restore needs to be disabled.

try also a dedacated trojan remover click here

RoA 13:30 06 Jul 04

Many thanks to Djohn and huggyg71.
System restore was switched off a few days ago as it would not restore (and not much likelihood of me wanting to restore to the current state!). Also I have the following security progs. installed and up to date:
NAV 200;
AdAware 6;
Zone Alarm;
Spyware Blaster.
I have tried other assorted other scanning progs. but none have identified netdc.exe other than HJT. After struggling with this for the last week I am beginning to think only a full reinstallation will do.

hugh-265156 23:24 06 Jul 04

only reinstall if all else fails. dont give up yet click here click here may help a bit.

woodt 23:28 06 Jul 04

This might help click here

RoA 10:27 07 Jul 04

Thanks guys
Believe me - EVERYTHING in your recommended link sites has been tried over the last week but to no avail. The only thing which identifies netdc.exe is HJT. I delete it in HJT and it is recreated next boot. It does not show in registry, under C/system32 or in any scan or search either in standard or safe mode. I am running out of options on this.

hugh-265156 02:02 08 Jul 04

not sure sorry but check out:

click: start/run and type 'msconfig' click the 'start up' tab and untick any reference to your dialers or spyware here if they are noticable. look them up click here if you are unsure.

also try clicking: start/run and type 'regedit' then click ok. navigate to 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows\currrentversion\run and run once' and HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\microsoft\windows\current version\run and run once' delete any reference to the nasties here maybe.

RoA 22:30 08 Jul 04

Thanks for all your suggestions guys but I've carried out a reinstall and I have a different (but less severe) set of problems now!

Gaz 25 22:33 08 Jul 04

What I tend to do, is close the process, when running.

If it opens up again somethings triggering it.

Then thats for some mr meano...

I just go to the offending file and hit delete... if that aint work bring in secure shredder, if that aint work then real meano create a batch file to delete the file if exists in a loop while I remove the reg entry.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…