Netbook Won't Accept Xtl DVD Drive

Legslip 23:21 02 Jun 10

I have a Samsung Netbook which I have just reformatted and reloaded Win XP. It aslo comes with a DVD disk that hs all the component drivers on. I have three spare DVD drives and I have connected them all to the laptop via a USB link dut they all get the exclamation mark in System-Device Manager-Hardware. I cannot therefore load my required drivers. Any solutions?

Technotiger 23:45 02 Jun 10

Only connect one dvd drive and try again.

Technotiger 23:48 02 Jun 10

Hmm, it is getting late -I just realised what you meant, I think, you connected all three, but one at a time.

I initially read your post as having connected all three drivers at once ..... silly me !!

Technotiger 23:48 02 Jun 10

Only connect one dvd drive and try again.

Technotiger 23:49 02 Jun 10

Sorry, dunno how that entry repeated itself.

defendor 05:36 03 Jun 10

sorry! no idea..

click here

Legslip 07:43 03 Jun 10

Thanks TTiger. It was late and sorry if my Engkish led you to believe I had connected all three at once. Blimey, that might be a solution!

scotty 11:49 03 Jun 10

Copy drivers on to a USB memory stick and install from there?

Legslip 02:22 05 Jun 10

Thanks contibutors. Have downloaded drivers onto an xtl HD from the Samsung site and loaded. Now all fine. BUT, I still can't understand why an xtl DVD device failed to function or be recognised. The DVD devices I tried were taken out of other recovered PC's but does that disadvantage them over XTL USB ready P & Play DVD R/W devices?

Legslip 20:20 08 Jun 10

Mmmmm.... No contributions to my last query so I'll close it in the next couple of days.

woodchip 23:31 08 Jun 10

Windows does not need you to load DVD drivers. they did in the past but not now. I use a Samsung nc10 Netbook
I bought a Slim Line DVD drive works without any problems no drivers needed. Cost about £35 to £39

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

Disney layout supervisor Rob Dressel on the challenges of visualising Moana

Siri vs Google Assistant