Netbook Startup

morddwyd 18:07 04 Jul 10

I've just bought my wife a new netbook, and because of dexterity and cognitive difficulties I want it to go straight into her browser homepage on startup.

On my own computers I would simply put the exe file into the startup folder, but I can't seem to get access to it (the startup folder, that is), can't even find it!

I want to keep the computer to my wife's identity as much as possible, so don't want to put all my own settings in, so can anyone help me configure this netbook to open with a browser?

onthelimit 18:15 04 Jul 10

What OS does it have ?

Forum Editor 18:18 04 Jul 10

is involved?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:33 04 Jul 10

WIn 7 click here

woodchip 19:18 04 Jul 10

on the desktop right click your browser drag to start then up to programs then to startup folder, choose create shortcut restart for it to work

woodchip 19:18 04 Jul 10

on the desktop right click your browser drag to start then up to programs then to startup folder, choose create shortcut restart for it to work

woodchip 19:21 04 Jul 10

PS set browser to start with home page

rdave13 19:43 04 Jul 10

If Win 7 basic then 'all programs' and scroll down to startup. Right click and select 'open'.
Back to 'all programs' and scroll up to Internet Explorer. Right click and select 'copy'. Back to the opened startup folder and right click and select 'paste'. Log off then log on again.

morddwyd 20:40 04 Jul 10

Sorry everybody, Win 7 Starter.

Thanks for the suggestions.

I used Woodchip's.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now