netbook on a budget

mackeanE 28 May 12

Any suggestions for a netbook that can handle streaming movies online connected to a multimedia projector(usb)

budget is a factor. Lowest price without compromising performance.

mgmcc 29 May 12

Netbooks generally use a very low performance, but energy efficient, Intel Atom processor which really isn't suited to the demanding needs of video streaming. Do you know anyone with a Netbook to let you try it out for yourself?

dms_05 29 May 12

I've streamed things like 4oD using my Netbook to feed a 40" TV displaying at 1920x1080. It works.

I bought a 'refurbished' netbook from Argos Outlet store in eBay. Currently they have a Toshiba netbook for about £140, but stock changes rapidly and you may need to look frequently to find a deal An example is http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TOSHIBA-5HOUR-NETBOOK-BLUE-/350569658080?pt=UKComputingLaptops_EH&hash=item519f9476e0

Good luck.

Mike_tech 03 Jun 12

Try Dell Inspiron Mini (you can buy it for $200)

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message