Netbook Battery

Hrosir 12:25 23 Mar 11

Hi, is there anyone out there who can tell me why my Samsung Netbook NC 10 battery has a lower capacity each time it is used? I have tried using the mains lead where possible but as soon as I try using battery power, the time available is now down to around 30 mins!!! at this rate I will not have the option of using it as a portable device. I am aware that the battery life quoted is that under minimal load, but surely I should get more than a measly 30 mins out of it? The netbook is now just over a year old so no warranty.

Thalmus 12:44 23 Mar 11

Its the nature of laptop batteries unfortunately, their capacity dwindles over time and after about a year they need replacing

Peter 13:06 23 Mar 11

Laptop, notebook & netbook batteries have a limited lifetime, but this can be extended by treating them carefully. If you discharge it fully and then recharge it fully three or four times you might be able to rejuvenate the battery. If this doesn't work you will probably need to replace it.

I've just got a new battery from SuperEtrader on Amazon for my Advent 4211 netbook. It's twice the original's capacity, was at a good price and arrived the next day even though I didn't pay for express postage and got free delivery.

Try doing a Google search for replacement laptop/netbook batteries.

Peter.

woodchip 16:02 23 Mar 11

How old the Netbook, I have this same Netbook and had it about 15 months mine seems just as good as when I bought it. Have it set to run on battery for about 6 to 7 hour settings though it will run longer if I really push it on power saver features. you may have a poor battery

woodchip 16:03 23 Mar 11

It only needs one bad cell to run the battery down fast, even when not used

woodchip 16:15 23 Mar 11

New battery click here

woodchip 16:19 23 Mar 11

Original Battery is only 5200 mAh the one above will last a lot longer as its 7800mAh

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…