netbook & usb dvd drive

sunnystaines 10:57 AM 01 Aug 11

got a samsung netbook windows 7 starter edition

thinking of a external dvd so wife can view dvd films, and i can backup to dvd rw.

was thinking of a samsung dvd player.

anyone recomend a usb dvd player for a netbook or got this i have linked too.

woodchip 12:27 PM 01 Aug 11

I bought one as soon as I got my Samsung but cannot remember the make. Will have look when I go upstairs and post it. mine is a Slime type such as goes in normal Laptop but in a thin case. Was cheap from a Computer Fair at Sheffield Don Valley Stadium It does Dual layer DVDs does them all. it will work without extra power

sunnystaines 12:47 PM 01 Aug 11

woodchip is there a problem with w7 starter playing dvd films in media player getting mixed feedback

woodchip 13:08 PM 01 Aug 11

No Idea, cannot see why you should have problems. Other than if used on netbook for films. Its the Processing Power that may be the Problem. Its a case of try, also it may vary Netbook to Netbook

woodchip 13:13 PM 01 Aug 11

This is the One I bought for my Netbook

Click Hear

woodchip 13:27 PM 01 Aug 11

Copy this and Paste to you Browser Address Bar then press enter

sunnystaines 16:22 PM 01 Aug 11

woodchip thankyou

sunnystaines 16:35 PM 01 Aug 11

i have been told w7 starter has no dvd codecs, which is amazing why did microsoft leave them outI thought that went out with xp.

been told to get vlc or k-lite with Media Player Classic Home Cinema. would either of these two do the job any advice on them please or have i been given moody advice by sales staff.

onthelimit1 17:18 PM 01 Aug 11

This works well (I'm told).

woodchip 17:20 PM 01 Aug 11

You can download Codecs for nothing and there are plenty of Free Players. like Flash Player etc

woodchip 17:22 PM 01 Aug 11

Players Click Hear

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday deals & best UK Black Friday tech…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

ZAK releases more videos showing what happens if you ask other professions to work for free

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know